Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 26th Ride #27 2008 PHL-BOS

I tried to redeem one of my one class upgrade coupons, but they told me 1st class was full.

I got a seat in business class, and I noticed that the outlet was not working. It started getting warmer and warmer. Someone asked the conductor if the air conditioning was broken. The conductor said that the AC was broken on that one train car.

I went to the Café car where it was much cooler. Much of the train empties out in NYC, so decided to wait until then to try and get a seat in another car. As I was waiting, I saw someone from my old train car visiting the café car with a blue buttoned down shirt that was soaked in sweat.

We were extra long in NYC, and we seemed to take on a maintenance person. A bit later they said that the car would have to be evacuated. Shortly after the evacuation, they said that the man upstairs had heard someone’s prayer and the AC was working.

The train was about 10 minutes late.

No comments: