Monday, June 2, 2008

The tackiness of the ugly employee refrigerator of the PHL Club Acela was a sharp contrast to the elegance of the BOS Club Acela.

June 1st 2008 Ride# 29 PHL-BOS Part 2

I saw a little bit of the 1st class lounge at Philadelphia’s 30th street station.
The first thing I noticed is that the agent took a very long time to let us in. When I got in and showed him my card, the first thing he said was, “This is expired.” I said “No, it’s not.” He took another look at it and finally agreed with me.

I still haven’t gotten my card from select status, so I suppose it’s going to take at least a month to get my select plus kit, which will have my permanent select plus card.
I didn’t stay long because I went down stairs to get a 2nd opinion about my $61.80 “free upgrade”.

The one thing I did notice was that next to the complementary soda fountain was a refrigerator marked with those ugly three inch tall self stick letters that you buy at the hardware store. it said "EMPLOYEES ONLY”, once on the top and once on the bottom, in case you were tempted to use either part.

The tackiness of the ugly employee refrigerator of the PHL Club Acela was a sharp contrast to the elegance of the BOS Club Acela.

No comments: